When Harpoon Brewery first brewed Winter Warmer in 1988, people weren’t exactly sure what to make of it. Cinnamon and nutmeg? In a beer?! But it’s earned its spot as one of our most celebrated seasonals!
This delicious bread pudding recipe is courtesy of our friends at Harpoon Brewery.
Whether you’re a fan of spiced beers or not sure what to make of them, we think everyone can get behind this beery bread pudding recipe. It screams “happy holidays” and much like Winter Warmer, one serving just never seems like enough. Enjoy!
- 6 cups bite-sized day-old pretzels (we recommend cinnamon raisin bagels!)
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 12 oz Winter Warmer
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Cut your bagels into bite sized pieces. Place into greased 9 by 13 pan.
- Pour your beer over the bread tossing to coat all the pieces. Let sit for 1 hour.
- In a medium sized saucepan melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add the cream, vanilla, sugar, and spices to the butter. Whisk until smooth and warm.
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl, beat well.
- Pour warm cream into the egg mixture and whisk well.
- Pour cream and egg mixture over the cut bread.
- Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 1 hour. Serve with vanilla bean ice cream and a glass of Winter Warmer!